I went a little crazy on corn at the farmer’s market the other day. Fresh corn in the summer and fall is definitely one of life’s little delights for me. However, after a few days of just corn on the cob, I was looking for a little something different. This salad was a perfect accompaniment to a crispy, juicy B.L.T.
- Three ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- Two large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions, diced
- 1/2 diced garden salsa pepper or jalapeno
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Zatarain’s Seasoning
- Avocado slices
Break ears of corn in half and boil for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool. Cut corn off cob, removing any remaining corn silk. Crumble corn into a medium sized bowl.
Add grated carrots and drained red onions. Toss to combine.
Add cilantro and Zararain’s seasoning. Stir well. Serve with avocado.